We are all used to getting our fix of round the clock racing in France every June, but that's not the only 24 hour race featuring cars in part based on the regulations of the ACO. The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, formed by the merger of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and IMSA's Grand Am has its blue riband event in the Florida sunshine every January.
So barely four weeks into the new year you could be sampling the excitement of round the clock racing in the Florida sunshine watching the world's elite sports car drivers tackle the amazing Daytona International Speedway with its 31 degree banking - believe us that is steep...you can barely walk up it!
Better news too is that the Rolex 24 At Daytona is an extremely cost effective event with the transatlantic air fare the only component that you may need to save for; even then, the race takes part out of peak times, so the flights are comparatively cheap. We can offer you flights with Virgin Atlantic, or you can book your flight with any of the other providers that fly into Orlando International Airport (MCO) or any other regional airport that is within range of Daytona Beach.
Our packages allow you to become part of a group with a real connection to the race. VISIT FLORIDA Racing is one of the leading teams in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and were on the podium for the 2016 Rolex 24 At Daytona! Booking one of our packages, with its exclusive 'ultimate ticket bundle', makes you part of the group supporting this winning team and gets you unrivaled access to the racing action at Daytona. The group is based at the Fountain Beach Resort which has long been the accommodation of choice for UK visitors to Daytona Beach.
Our VISIT FLORIDA Racing Package includes -
- 5 nights stay at the Fountain Beach Resort on a bed & breakfast basis (twin or double rooms)
- 5 days car rental based on a full-size 2 door car (with option to upgrade to a convertible or SUV)
- Ultimate endurance ticket - full in-field access for all 4 days of the event
- Circuit parking
- Access to the new stadium - the largest single investment in a motorsport facility in the world!
- Garage visit with VISIT FLORIDA Racing
- Visit to Racing's North Turn 'pub' - on the exact location where racing history began in Daytona Beach
- Welcome breakfast hosted by IMSA in the new tower overlooking the speedway and pit lane
- Post-race social in the Tiki Bar at the Fountain Beach Resort - a chance to swap stories with other members of the group.
We offer the package as either flight-inclusive, or you are able to arrange your own flights.
This ticket bundle is exclusive to the Speed Chills group and we are delighted to be part of this program and to extend this offer to our guests.
Our VISIT FLORIDA Racing 'race fan' itinerary proposal is as follows -
- Wednesday 25th Jan 2017 - Fly to Orlando, take hire car to Daytona Beach
- Thursday 26th Jan 2017 - Practice throughout the day and into the night at the Daytona International Speedway (DIS). Visit to Racing's North Turn on Daytona Beach - on the exact location where racing history began in Daytona Beach
- Friday 27th Jan 2017 - Breakfast in the new tower overlooking the speedway and pit lane. Garage visit with the VISIT FLORIDA Racing team. Final practice sessions for the Rolex 24 and the BMW Endurance Challenge, a 4 hour race which is the first race in the CTSCC
- Saturday 28th Jan 2017 - 55th Rolex 24 At Daytona starts
- Sunday 29th Jan 2017 - 55th Rolex 24 At Daytona ends. Post-race social in the Tiki Bar at the Fountain Beach Resort
- Monday 30th Jan 2017 - Activity day at your leisure before early evening flights back to the UK that arrive back in the UK on the morning of Tuesday 31st Jan.
The VISIT FLORIDA Racing Package offers accommodation at the Fountain Beach Resort Hotel/condo on nearby Daytona Beach.
We are also able to offer the exclusive ticket package put together with VISIT FLORIDA Racing as a 'ticket only' purchase via our Just the Ticket option - ideal for those adding a visit to the race to an existing family holiday in Florida.
Fountain Beach Resort
Along Daytona Beach's 23-mile stretch of sun-drenched coastline, there's no shortage of things to do. Surfers command the roll of the ocean, scuba divers explore beneath the surface, race cars buzz around the track at the Daytona International Speedway, and families casually stroll past the illuminated amusement-park rides on the Daytona Beach boardwalk.
The Fountain Beach Resort of Daytona Beach is perfectly located both for access to the Daytona International Speedway which is less than 10 minutes drive away and for the delights of Daytona Beach for R&R. Staying at Fountain Beach, you are on the beach and literally minutes from shopping, bars & restaurants, the Ocean Center, Boardwalk Amusements, Ocean Walk Village, Pier and more.
The rooms offer private balconies, all with some sort of an ocean view and come with small refrigerators, microwaves, and coffeemakers. You can always upgrade to a one bedroom suite which accommodates a family comfortably for a longer stay. Outside, there's an expansive deck around a seasonally heated pool and hot tub. The pool deck is lined with lounge chairs, and back dropped with palm trees. A fitness centre and sauna is also offered.
The on site Oasis Tiki Bar & Grill plays host to our Sunday post-race social where you can relax over a drink and share experiences with other members of the group. It is also a great place to relax after a day at the circuit.
The rooms are owned by individuals rather than the hotel, so are decorated in individual styles, but all are comfortable and with all of the facilities you need for a visit to the races. Being centered with the main group also adds another aspect to your holiday - friendships will be formed here that may extend to other races across the globe.
Get directions to Fountain Beach Resort with Google Maps GPS Coordinates 29° 22' 11.33" N -81° 00' 47.47"' E
The following prices include your rental car, accommodation at the Fountain Beach Resort, VISIT FLORIDA Racing Ticket Bundle and delivery. We do not charge Credit/Debit Card fees. Prices listed are for two people sharing a twin or double room at the Fountain Beach Resort on Daytona Beach for 5 nights on a bed & breakfast basis. Rental Car upgrades are quoted as a per person supplement.
Bespoke packages with different numbers of people, elements extended, removed etc. are available.
Prices including flights with Virgin Atlantic Airways
Prices excluding flights
Rental Car Options
This is our standard vehicle and is included in all quotes unless you request an upgrade. Please consider your choice carefully before booking as changes will incur an administration charge.
We are sure you will agree that this is a great addition to your trip to the Rolex 24 At Daytona. Upgrade to a Compact Convertible for as little as £45 per person.
These vehicles work so well on Florida's highways and are also ideal for groups looking to share a vehicle. Upgrade to a Standard 5 Seat SUV for as little as £32 per person. NOTE - 4 people travelling in one of these can actually turn a supplement into a discount as we be able to remove the cost of one a vehicle from your quote for 2 rooms at the Fountain Beach Resort.
For extremely cost-conscious travellers, we offer a basic rental car offering for a small discount. Downgrade to Compact 2 or 4 Door and save a whopping £6 per person.
Rental Car Insurance
Prices quoted above include our 'Gold' rental car package which includes a free second driver and Zero excess insurance. Drivers must be over 25, hold a clean UK driving licence and a Credit Card in their name (this is used to hold a security deposit pre-authorisation when you collect the car). Young drivers or those with endorsements on their licences will need to disclose this at the time of booking and we will amend your quote as necessary after consultation with the rental company. Fuel policy is 'full to full'.
A 'Platinum' rental car package is available as a supplement to the prices quoted above. This package allows for up to 3 additional drivers and includes your first tank of fuel. Fuel policy is 'full to empty'. Please advise at time of booking if you require this package and we will amend your quote accordingly.>
A further insurance option is offered, Top Up Maxi car hire excess insurance.
Top Up Maxi car hire excess insurance
Travel with peace of mind.. Do not lose your deposit in the event of damage to the car rental vehicle, with the Affordable Top Up Maxi you can claim for the charges upon your return.
- Reimbursement of charges for damage upto £6,500 - Covers damage, fire and vandalism to those parts frequently damaged: the windows, tyres, headlights, the undercarriage and the roof of your rental car
- Loss of use and towing costs upto £6,500 - If you damage the car rental and it cannot be used or if it needs to be towed, you may be liable for the costs
- Loss or theft keys up to £500 - Including replacement locks and locksmith charges, additional costs that may not be not covered by rental companies
- Loss or theft of luggage up to £500 - Rental companies assume no responsibility for baggage and/or personal effects, this policy will cover you
- Misfuelling cover up to £500 - This policy covers cleaning out the engine and fuel system and any towing costs in the event that you put the wrong type of fuel in your rental vehicle
- Out of hours charges up to £50 - If you pick up the car out of standard hours because your flight had an unscheduled delay, you will be covered for the related charges from the rental company.
A great way to start the racing year in the Florida sunshine!
Video Credits: IMSA Official
Don't forget travel insurance
You must have Personal Travel Insurance to travel. Tap here for a quote and to learn more about our recommended Travel Insurance.
View the Daytona International Speedway