The 2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship features 12 rounds spread across the USA and into Canada, starting at the Rolex 24 At Daytona in January and running through to Petit Le Mans in October. The 'jewel in the crown' of the championship is the Rolex 24 At Daytona which is also the first round of a sub-championship called the Patrón Endurance Cup that includes to globally renowned races at Sebring, Watkins Glen and Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta; all four events being 'must see' events for the sportscar fan!
The 2017 calendar -
- Rolex 24 At Daytona - Daytona International Raceway (DIS) - 28th-29th January
- Mobile 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring - Sebring International Raceway - 18th March
- BUBBA burger SportsCar Grand Prix - Long Beach Street Circuit - 8th April
- Circuit of The Americas - Circuit of The Americas (COTA) - 7th May
- Chevrolet Belle Isle Detroit Grand Prix - Belle Isle Park - 3rd June
- Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen - Watkins Glen International - 2nd July
- Mobile 1 SportsCar Grand Prix - Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport) - 9th July
- IMSA WeatherTech Northeast Grand Prix - Lime Rock Park - 22nd July
- Continental Tire Road Race Showcase - Road America - 6th August
- Michelin GT Challenge - VIRginia International Raceway - 27th August
- Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix powered by Mazda - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 24th September
- Petit Le Mans - Road Atlanta - 7th October
Speed Chills is supporting the Rolex 24 At Daytona and we are also able to assist with planned visits to Sebring and Petit Le Mans based on 'on the ground' knowledge of the events.
IMSA, the organisers of the championship have created an extremely authoritative website - tap here.